Three Forts Challenge! 2021 Completed, BUT >> Virtual 3FC available until end of September.
In 2021 we again supported Ferring Country Centre, a local independent charity that provides meaningful training and work experience for people with learning difficulties. We have raised over £75,000 in the last six years.
YOU CAN HELP US - Run a 2021 Virtual 3FC at a time and route of your choice. Medal and special Covid Comemorative technical T-shirt. Just send your time and route details to Race Director, Mike Airey at email@example.com.
Click the 'Enter Now' button and choose your distance.
For 2022 the 3FC date will be Sunday 1 May. Entries due to open on 1 September this year.
Current information >>
- Venue: Recreation ground, Hill Barn Lane, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 9QF. Grid ref: 142050. OS Sheets Landranger 98 & Explorer 121. (exit A27 at its eastern junction with the A24). See location map
- Chips will be sent out with the race numbers direct to runners about two weeks before the event.
- Start Times: Marathon 9am, Half Marathon 9.15am EARLIER START TIMES. Maximum marathon run time is SIX HOURS.
- Finish: The event closes at 3pm. All entrants are expected to complete their events by this time.
- Safety: Participants are responsible for their own safety, especially when crossing roads. Suitable clothing should be worn. If neccessary, 'Covid safe' measures will be in place at the start/finish area and across the course. Runners will be expected to run with their own hydration and supplies. Water and supplies can be replenished at Aid Stations on a self help basis. Staff will be available to give guidance at each Aid Station.
- Retirements: Except in an emergency, retirements should only take place at an Aid Station by reporting to one of the Marshals. There will be limited transport back to the finish.
- Full results will be displayed on the website.
- Facilities: Changing rooms, showers and toilets. Hot food, cakes and drinks will be available at the Start/Finish. St John Ambulance will be in attendance all day.
- Parking: At Worthing College (200 spaces) and local parking. Please follow directions.
- Accommodation: Assistance can be obtained from Worthing Borough Council Information Centre, Chapel Road, Worthing. 01903 221307.