Event Details - 1 May 2022
In 2022 we will again be supporting Ferring Country Centre, as our main beneficiary. They are a local independent charity that provides meaningful training and work experience for people with learning difficulties.
With your help we have raised over £75,000 in the last seven years.
- Venue: Recreation ground, Hill Barn Lane, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 9QF. Grid ref: 142050. OS Sheets Landranger 98 & Explorer 121. (exit A27 at its eastern junction with the A24). See location map
- Chips will be sent out with the race numbers direct to runners about two weeks before the event.
- New Start Times: Marathon – 9am, Half Marathon – from 9.15am.
- If necessary, Covid safe arrangements will be in place throughout the day.
- Runners should carry their own water and supplies. Aid Stations will be available on a 'self help' basis for replenishment of water and supplies. Marshals will be availale to give guidance at each Aid Station.
- Finish: The event closes at 3pm All entrants are expected to complete their events by this time.
- Safety: Participants are responsible for their own safety, especially when crossing roads. Suitable clothing should be worn.
- Retirements: Except in an emergency, retirements should only take place at an Aid Station by reporting to one of the Marshalls. There will be limited transport back to the finish.
- Full results will be displayed on the website.
- Facilities: Changing rooms, showers and toilets. Hot food, cakes and drinks will be available at the Start/Finish.
- St John Ambulance will be in attendance all day. There will be NO BAG DROP facility in the 2021 event.
- Parking: At Worthing College (200 spaces) and local parking. Please follow directions for on street parking nearby.
- Accommodation: Assistance can be obtained from Worthing Borough Council Information Centre, Chapel Road, Worthing. 01903 221307.